Click Here! =)

Friday, October 18, 2013

Postcards from the Sky







“In the sky there are always answers and explanations for everything: every pain,
every suffering, joy and confusion.” - Ishmael Beah, A Long Way Gone

A 7.2 Magnitude earthquake struck my hometown, the province of Bohol (Philippines) last Tuesday. Despite of being thankful that my family is safe and our town is not adversely affected by the earthquake at Bohol, my heart broke when I saw the news that almost 200 people died and our very old churches (3 to 4 centuries old), roads, municipal halls and houses were also destroyed because of the earthquake. I hope we, the Boholanos can surpass this test that God gave. I know that Bohol shall rise again from the rubble. 
Bangon Bohol! Rise Bohol! 

I am very thankful to those kind-hearted people who sent relief goods and gave assistance to my fellow Boholanos. 

PS: I took these photos during my flight to Manila last Saturday morning. Didn't you notice those cracks at the lower part of the photos? I think there is something wrong with my lens. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...